Tuesday, December 1, 2009

WORLD AIDS DAY

Just wanted to throw it out there to acknowledge the day
and also to pay respect to my Uncle Armando that died from AIDS at the age of 30.
He died on January 26th 1986 on my moms birthday :(
I was a baby when he died, like a baby baby 2 months old or so.

My mom told me that my dad disowned him for being gay and refused to let him see me. I was the first baby in the family so 'I was a BIG deal' :)
So when my dad was at work she had him over a few times to hang out with me. My mom really had a cool bond with him and she loved him like her own brother.

The last time he came over my dad came home and found him holding me and my dad snatched me from him and immediately started bathing me because he said I was gonna get a gay virus.

In '85 they didn't really know all the stuff they know about now concerning AIDS.

So I guess my dad was just going off of the info the evil media was spewing out. My dad was also on a shit load of drugs so who knows what was going on in that drug infested brain, either way that's really fucked up to do to your brother. So a few months later he died and my dad hadn't talked to him since the incident.

I didn't really have a real point to this blog other than to share a story and pay some respect but I think if anything that story reminds me that family is family and to never turn your back on them because you never know what someone is going through.

No comments: